Re: automake ChangeLog configure.in

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: automake ChangeLog configure.in
Date: 08 May 2001 13:51:03 -0600

>>>>> "Gary" == gvv  <address@hidden> writes:

Gary> Branch:   branch-1-4
Gary>   * configure.in (AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE):  Bump version to 1.4.1.

This won't work.  `1.4.1' is an alpha version according to our rules.
For instance this means README-alpha will be in the distribution.

Instead, could you port this change over?

2001-05-06  Tom Tromey  <address@hidden>

        * automake.in (GNITS_VERSION_PATTERN): Document.  Add `fork
        identifier'.
        (handle_options): Handle fork identifier in version number.

Then you can change the version to something like `1.4-p1'.

I think this change should move to the branch easily.

Tom