turorials, documentation.. etc. Where is it?

From: Kent Nyberg
Subject: turorials, documentation.. etc. Where is it?
Date: 11 May 2001 17:40:06 +0200

I am working on a gnome program which uses imlib and other
libraries.
I  want to create a real configure script which checks for all those
things
like all the other programs seem to do.
But i cant find a simple tutorial or nice documentation on how to
do those things.
I have read some of the info files on automake and autoconf with the
'info' command. But they were not so good..  and they had no examples :(
I want to know all about those things..  but where can i learn?

/Kent.