Re: pr19.test

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: pr19.test
Date: 17 May 2001 23:52:13 -0600

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Collins <address@hidden> writes:

Robert> I recall it failing on openBSD 2.8.

Cool.

Now, how can we fix it?

One idea would be to emit `.PRECIOUS: parse.c'.  However, I don't know
if that will work with a non-GNU make.  Would that work on OpenBSD?
(I don't have access to an OpenBSD machine to test it.)

Another idea would be to emit explicit `parse.c: parse.y' rules for
every such file.  Would we have to emit the entire rule, or is just
the dependency enough?  I forget.  If we can just emit the dependency
then this is probably the best fix.

Tom