Re: Mac OS X

From: Paul F. Kunz
Subject: Re: Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 06:21:03 -0700

>>>>> On Thu, 17 May 2001 20:00:19 -0600, Tom Tromey <address@hidden> said:

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul F Kunz <address@hidden> writes:
Paul> So on a Mac OS X platform, I would want effiectively the
Paul> following...

Paul> cd hippo; make # compiles the Java cd jni; make # creates JNI
Paul> headers and compiles the C++ in jni/ make bundle

>     SUBDIRS = hippo jni .

   Yes, but for Mac OS X, the target `all' should depend on target
`budnle'.  That's the part I don't know how to do, but then I haven't
tried to figure it out either.

Paul> And I never expected that there were Mac OS X users who wanted
Paul> to build my project.

> This is exactly why we advise writing portably from the start!  You
> never know what people will try.

   I did and I'm quite pleased.  I've even submitted an additional
paper to a conference I hope to go to entitled "The Hidden Benefis of
the GNU Build System".   The benefits are not hidden to members of
this list, but lots of people out there just don't realize what they
are missing my not using autoconf/automake.