Re: generator rules

From: monkeyiq
Subject: Re: generator rules
Date: 23 May 2001 03:44:34 +1000

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> >> cp.o: generic_client.c
> >>         $(COMPILE) \
> >>                 -DCLIENT_FOP_TYPE="fileutils_copy_op" \
> >>                 -DCLIENT_FOP_NEW="fileutils_copy_new" \
> >>                 -DCLIENT_HEADER="\"copy.h\"" \
> >>                 -o cp.o -c generic_client.c
>
> BTW, why did you need an explicit rule like this?
> Maybe with the cvs automake you'd prefer per-executable CFLAGS.

After a little kip the reason behind the problem came to me. A thoughtless
cut and paste, I'm afraid :(  the old tab --> spaces == boom.

I actually though of this and went to the autotools book on the net and
checked it out, the book prints that one needs automake 1.5,
[witme-fileutils]$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.4g

the relavent section is at the bottom of:
autobook-1.2/autobook_41.html#SEC41

I will play with converting to per-exe CFLAGS now that I have something that
compiles :)

Thanks.

It's the question, http://witme.sourceforge.net
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
                -- Derek Bok, president of Harvard