[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Auto-tools & Win32 & Borland C++ Builder

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Auto-tools & Win32 & Borland C++ Builder
Date: 23 May 2001 15:55:14 -0600

>>>>> "Rasmus" == Rasmus Tamstorf <address@hidden> writes:

Rasmus> I think the issue is that with autoconf you setup your
Rasmus> compiler flags (debug / optimized etc) for the entire build
Rasmus> tree when you run ./configure. However, while developing you
Rasmus> may want 90% to be optimized and only the remaining 10% (a
Rasmus> single or a few subpackages) which you are actively debugging
Rasmus> to be build with debuginformation. At least that's an issue I
Rasmus> have ;)

Oh.  I never even considered that as a problem.  I daily do things
like this:

    cd gcc
    make mostlyclean
    make CFLAGS=-g

Then gcc is built with debugging but the rest of my tree remains
untouched.  It is easy, even trivial, to write your package's
configury so that this works.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]