Re: Conditional info_TEXINFOS

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Conditional info_TEXINFOS
Date: 24 May 2001 08:17:38 +1000

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> Kevin> I think it should create and distribute the info files
> Kevin> unconditionally, but only install (or uninstall) them under
> Kevin> WANT_FOO.
>
> I'd prefer not to add a special case like this.

Oh, is distributing them unconditionally a special case?  I don't see
any other way if makeinfo is not to be required when building.

> Instead try this:
>
>         if WANT_FOO
>         info_TEXINFOS = foo.texi
>         else
>         noinst_TEXINFOS = foo.texi
>         endif
>
> Unfortunately this doesn't work.

With past cvs automake I had a fudge overriding INFO_DEPS, but recent
changes to the way variables are handled have broken that.  I guess a
sub-configure in the subdirectory of interest would work.

> Could you submit a PR for this?

Ok.