Re: texinfo problem

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: texinfo problem
Date: 29 May 2001 08:56:44 -0600

>> I've noticed that if you try to build a texi file that has an error
>> you get a warning from the `missing' program:

Alexandre> Presumably missing should check, when the execution of a
Alexandre> program fails, whether the program can be found in the PATH
Alexandre> or not, and only report its warning if it finds the program
Alexandre> is indeed missing.

Right now AM_MISSING_PROG looks like this:

    AC_DEFUN([AM_MISSING_PROG],
    [AC_REQUIRE([AM_MISSING_HAS_RUN])
    $1=${$1-"${am_missing_run}$2"}
    AC_SUBST($1)])

Ok, this makes sense.

Maybe for makeinfo and other GNU programs we could add a check to see
if `$1 --version' works.  If it does then we know we've found the
program.  That is, have a new AM_MISSING_GNU_PROG.  Comments?

Tom