Re: Libraries with sources in subdirectories?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Libraries with sources in subdirectories?
Date: 30 May 2001 08:13:59 -0600

>> You can even arrange to have the objects kept in subdirectories using:
>> AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = subdir-objects
>> This option isn't really documented yet, but it is on my to-do list.

Steven> I assume you mean that bar/baz.c is normally built as
Steven> bar/baz.o, but if I include foobar-objects in
Steven> AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS, then *all* objects will be kept in foobar/.
Steven> That's a nice feature, too.

Sorry, nope.

Normally bar/baz.c is built as bar.o.
With subdir-objects it is built as bar/baz.o.

There's no way to do what you suggested.
That might be interesting to enable, but definitely not in 1.5.

Tom