Re: cygwin libtool breakage

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: cygwin libtool breakage
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 19:57:31 +0100

On Monday 04 June 2001 12:41 pm, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

I have a failure (among 10) against the last demo-make.test (following
demo-shared.test)... but I guess you are running with the patches you posted
earlier which fix some of the failures I see.

> > freshly setup.exe'ed cygwin-1.3.2 and a freshly pservered libtool
> > HEAD, I get the following:
> >
> > address@hidden ~/libtool$ export CC=gcc
>
> I suspect my nothaving run this as much as anything. ltmain was working
> for me on a test hellolib pacakge.

I was surprised by this myself; without it config.sub runs without a compiler
and the cygwin test fails.  I think it is a bug in libtool that cygwin is
tested for before the compiler is checked.  I want to spend some time on
cygwin friendlyness in libtool real soon now -- hopefully before 1.4.1,
though I won't hold back that release for a lack of it.

> This is what I get now: - unable to make hell-static -. I'm running
> automake CVS HEAD - could that be related?
> [[snip]]
> = Configuring in ../demo (prefix=/usr/src/libtool/build/tests/_inst)
> with --disable-shared
> [[snip]]
> checking dependency style of gcc... cp:
> /usr/src/libtool/tests/../demo/../depcomp: No such
>  file or directory
> /usr/src/libtool/tests/../demo/configure: cannot open ./depcomp: no such
> file
> none

Looks like an automake issue to me -- I am running 1.4, and have no problem.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ())_.  Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(oranda.demon.co.uk|gnu.org)