Re: install script needs other permissions

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: install script needs other permissions
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:37:33 +0200 (CEST)

Achim Gaedke writes:

> There are two things, we would like to have:
> a target, that writes all installed files to a logfile

You can do this by writing a shell script which takes the same options as
a regular 'install' program but instead of installing the file it logs it
somewhere.

> and an option, which sets the permissions to what we want.

env INSTALL_PROGRAM='install -m 000' INSTALL_DATA='install -m 123' ...
./configure

or

make install INSTALL_PROGRAM='install -m 000' INSTALL_DATA='install -m 123' #
etc.

This might be tricky to do with shared libraries.

Making the installed files writable (by anyone) is a rather obscure
requirement, so I doubt you will get a better interface than this.

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter