Re: /lib/cpp again

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: /lib/cpp again
Date: 05 Jul 2001 21:42:26 -0600

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> Tom, any actual reason for AM_DEPENDENCIES to require the
Akim> compiler?

This macro runs the compiler via depcomp to determine the dependency
tracking.  So it needs to know that the compiler has been set.
However, if I understand correctly, we know that the compiler has been
set because this macro is called implicitly via redefinition magic.
If that is the case then I think your patch is ok if you add a comment
explaining this...

Thanks,
Tom