Will Automake 1.5 be compatible with 1.4-p4 ?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Will Automake 1.5 be compatible with 1.4-p4 ?
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 07:00:41 -0300

Hi. I'd like to know if Automake 1.5 will be compatible with
1.4-p4, so I don't need to mantain 2 copies.

If not, what'd be the right procedure to maintain both ? With
Autoconf 2.13 and 2.50, I install 2.13 in /usr/local/old and
set PATH when I need to use it, but with Automake we have
/usr/share/aclocal/ involved.

I'm not a developer, but maintain local copies of CVS tags.
For example, all GNOME stable won't work with Autoconf 2.50.

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org} Tel: 55-21-2717-2399 (Niterói-RJ BR)