Re: automake depcomp under more open license

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: automake depcomp under more open license
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:57:41 +0100

On Tuesday 17 July 2001  7:23 am, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I wonder if this license problem will prevent us from eventually
> moving to that auto-sh program (what is it called?  The one that would
> let us bundle all our helper programs into a single big script).

shtool:  http://www.gnu.org/software/shtool

I have tried to get a patch in that allows the user to have their own local
helper programs rolled into the mega-script, but the author is hard to raise
=(O|  (I can post the patch I am using if anyone is interested).

Some of the default scripts are out of kilter with the rest of the gnu
project; for example the version.sh helps create a version.c file (among
other things) but requires a wierd `maj.min([aps]micro)?' numbering system.

Perhaps you already noticed I get excited about version numbers? ;-)

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ())_. Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(oranda.demon.co.uk|gnu.org)