Re: aclocal: can the "duplicated macro error" be made non-fatal?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: aclocal: can the "duplicated macro error" be made non-fatal?
Date: 22 Jul 2001 15:55:08 -0600

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Benson <address@hidden> writes:

Dave> I am working on a packaging / publishing system [1] based
Dave> loosely on gnu tools (though it runs on non-gnu systems too).

Sorry it took so long for me to respond to this.

Dave>   - the package has to live in a subdirectory, so `aclocal' with
Dave>   no arguments will surely miss the package's m4 files.  But
Dave>   with the appropriate aclocal flags e.g. `-I
Dave>   /whatever/share/aclocal' if the user happens to have that
Dave>   package installed on the system (eg they have a
Dave>   /usr/share/aclocal/glib.m4 and
Dave>   /whatever/share/aclocal/glib.m4) then aclocal doesn't produce
Dave>   any output

Due to popular acclaim we got rid of the duplicated macro error.
So this shouldn't be a problem for you any more.

Tom