Re: Automake 1.4h

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Automake 1.4h
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 00:31:24 +0200

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 02:18:58PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
: >>>>> "Lars" == Lars J Aas <address@hidden> writes:
:
: Lars> Just found out that latest CVS automake puts "OBJEXT = o" into
: Lars> Makefile.in unless AC_OBJEXT is specified explicitly in
: Lars> configure.in.  AC_PROG_CC invokes AC_OBJEXT and AC_EXEEXT
: Lars> indirectly, but the "OBJEXT = o \n EXEEXT = " definitions from
: Lars> Automake overrides the ones in the AC_SUBST section of the
: Lars> Makefile.in.
:
: Lars> When will this problem ever go away? ;) This should be fixed
: Lars> before Automake 1.5.
:
: I agree.  I just sent a patch to fix it to the patches list.
: Could you try it and see how well it works for you?

Did some preliminary testing, and the problem seems to be fixed.  If you
don't hear anything else (I'm going to test on Cygwin at a later date),
consider the problem solved.

  Lars J