makedepend and automake

From: Salvatore_D'Angelo
Subject: makedepend and automake
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:36:45 +0200

Hi,

I have the following problem.

I am creating a build process on OS/390 open edition and the compiler in
this
platform does not support the option Wp to calculate the dependencies.

I would like to use makedepend but I do know how to integrate it in my
Makefile.am.

Now I have a script that do the following things:

aclocal
autoconf
automake -a
./configure
makedepend <some options> *.cpp

the problem with this approac is that each time an option will change I
need to modify the Makefile.am (for the options) and in the script.

Do someone of you know how I can solve this problem?

These are the files Makefile.am and configure.in

Makefile.am:

bin_PROGRAMS = prova
prova_SOURCES = A.cpp B.cpp
AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = no-dependencies

configure.in

AC_INIT(A.cpp)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(A,1.0)
AC_PROG_CXX
AC_PROG_INSTALL
AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)

the option no-dependencies has been introduced to avoid the flag Wp.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bye