Newbie Question

From: Fausto Sanchez
Subject: Newbie Question
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:57:09 -0700

Hi,

I'm new to the autoconf and automake. I like the concepts and would like to implement a make/build process using the autotools for our group. I'm not that familiar with writing marcos, so I was wondering if there are examples on how to write macros. In particular I'm trying to write a conditional macro that takes the .c files and creates .s files , and compiles them to generate the .o files using different rules for the .c and .s.

I only have the GNU autoconf, automake, and Libtool book, but I would like to know if
there are other books available.

Thanks in advance,
fas..