Re: libtool usage macro in aclocal

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: libtool usage macro in aclocal
Date: 26 Jul 2001 17:37:31 -0600

>>>>> "Ingo" == Ingo Luetkebohle <address@hidden> writes:

Ingo> Maybe I'm missing an easy way to fix the m4 files of software
Ingo> distributions automatically (running aclocal didn't do it)

aclocal will only do it if aclocal and libtool are installed in the
same tree.  If not you have to pass the right -I option to aclocal.

If you're doing this to third-party software, without looking to see
if it will be sensible, then look out.

Ingo> but in any case I wondered why a system-wide libtool isn't
Ingo> preferred, when available and of the right version? In that
Ingo> case, building libtool wouldn't be necessary and the macros
Ingo> could just be ignored.

This is a question for the libtool list.  I don't know the answer.

I don't think this would help you though.
In your case, as I understand it, your configure script has the 1.3
macros, but you want to use the 1.4 libtool.

Tom