non-recursive proof-of-concept

From: Robert Collins
Subject: non-recursive proof-of-concept
Date: 15 Aug 2001 23:35:14 +1000

I don't claim to be a perl programmer - at all :]

Some of what I've done is duplicate code and should probably be done by
extending the existing function, making the existing cases a call with a
prepend of ''.

I haven't covered all the automake targets or macros.
I haven't attempted full normalisation.
However, a simple project, using this will pass make distcheck, and will
build every directory in parallel.

See the Makefile.am's created by the distcheck test for examples of use.

Rob