1st action before build

From: Sylvain GIL
Subject: 1st action before build
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:52:39 +0200

Hi,

I have a little issue with Makefile.am. What I want to do is to insert
an action before my program is compiled.

bin_PROGRAMS = myprog
myprog_SOURCES = myprog.c myfile.c

will generate something like:

myprog: $(myprog_OBJECTS) $(myprog_DEPENDENCIES)

I would like to do some actions in the same directory just before the
myprog_OBJECTS dependency is followed or more generally before myprog
compile start. Is there a way to do so ?

Without giving too much detail, my 1st source file _can't_ be compiled
unless a pre-action is done.

I found a very ugly way to work around it by adding a "dumb" entry in
bin_PROGRAMS before myprog and overriding its target but it looks like
evil :)

Thanks,
--
Sylvain.