Re: interaction with dependency tracking and subdir-objects

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: interaction with dependency tracking and subdir-objects
Date: 18 Aug 2001 17:33:21 -0600

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Collins <address@hidden> writes:

Robert> foo_SOURCES = $(top_srcdir)/main.c

Actually, while this probably should be valid, right now it isn't.
Could you submit a PR for this?

Robert> as a result I'd like to propose that dependencies get placed
Robert> in the same relative directory as the source file resides, not
Robert> the same directory as the Makefile.

We can probably do this, using the `require_build_directory' machinery.
Could you submit a second PR for this?
Thanks.

Tom