LINK/F77LINK bug in 1.5?

From: Erik Lindahl
Subject: LINK/F77LINK bug in 1.5?
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:08:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, and congratulations to the release!

Our libraries can optionally be compiled with some of the
performance-critical routines in fortran, if a fortran compiler is
available.

This worked splendid in the prerelease series - the libraries were
always linked with $(LINK), but the fortran autoconf macros picked
up the necessary fortran libraries to add.

In version 1.5, the linking is ALWAYS done with $(F77LINK), even
if no fortran objects are used. Since F77 isn't defined in that
case, the linking fails. I can work around it by issuing

make F77LINK='<the normal definition of $(LINK) from the Makefile>'

I guess this is because I have some fortran source files in the
EXTRA_libgmx_la_SOURCES?

(Don't worry about libtool and fortran - it works. I've written
 the necessary support stuff, and it should show up in official
 libtool soon...)

Cheers,

Erik

Erik Lindahl, PhD                                address@hidden
Dept. Biophysical Chemistry, Groningen University, THE NETHERLANDS
Phone: +31 50 3634335    Fax: +31 50 3634800
(You can also reach me as address@hidden and address@hidden)
Hi! I'm a mutated .sig virus! Put me in ~/.signature to multiply me!