Re: using AM_CXXFLAGS

From: Assar Westerlund
Subject: Re: using AM_CXXFLAGS
Date: 03 Sep 2001 01:12:54 +0200

Ted Irons <address@hidden> writes:
> > src/Util/Makefile.am:16: AM_CXXFLAGS was already defined in condition TRUE,
> > which implies condition USING_LINUX_TRUE
> >
> >   AM_CXXFLAGS (User, where = 16) =
> >   {
> >     TRUE => -I$(top_srcdir)/src  \
> >               $(K_CXXFLAGS)
> >
> >   }

You get the same error if you try setting the same variable twice in
the same condition TRUE, to make the case even simpler.

This wasn't the behaviour of previous versions of automake and I do
think it's an error or at least undesired behaviour.  It was discussed
on the mailing list.  If it's agreed that this is not have automake
should behave, I'm more than happy to make up a patch for it.

/assar