Re: help with magically appearing _OBJECTS variable

From: Richard Boulton
Subject: Re: help with magically appearing _OBJECTS variable
Date: 22 Sep 2001 14:46:52 +0100

On Sat, 2001-09-22 at 00:07, Ben Smith wrote:
> I didn't have this problem until I introduced the conditionals in the
> Makefile.am.

I can't say why this problem is happening since I've not got 1.4p4
installed, and havn't time to try it out.  However, having worked on
fixing it for 1.5, I can say that the conditional code in the 1.4 branch
was severely broken in several ways.  There's little prospect of anyone
doing the work required to backport the fixes to the 1.4 series.
(There's hardly enough developer time on this project to support 1.5)  I
suspect the most practical solution is to move to 1.5 and fix the "slew
of other issues" that produces.

In any case, we would greatly appreciate reports of issues with automake
1.5.

Sorry not to have an easy fix.

--
Richard