Problems with subdirs

From: Julio Merino
Subject: Problems with subdirs
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:48:19 +0200

Hi all,

First of all, Hello everybody! (I'm new to the list and relatively new
to the automake'w world ;)

Well, I've started a new library, and I'm trying to use the triplet
automake/autoconf/libtool. Everything seems to work fine except when I
try to make any target from the top directory. I get this error:

juli:~/src/prodesk/libs% make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/juli/src/prodesk/libs'
Making all in core
/bin/sh: cd: core: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/juli/src/prodesk/libs'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

The directory 'core' exists inside /home/juli/src/prodesk/libs... and
I'm calling make from this last directory.

The top Makefile.am contains:
SUBDIRS = core

What is wrong?

Thanks.