Re: non-libtool, cross-platform libraries

From: David Carter
Subject: Re: non-libtool, cross-platform libraries
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:37:09 -0400

Guido -

Thanks for the pointers. I'm trying what you suggested right now.

I think I'm okay on the libtool/libltdl disctinction.

> use automake and lib_LTLIBRARIES = foo.la
Automake doesn't seem to like this, until I change "foo.la" to
"libfoo.la" -- I don't want "lib" on the front. Am I stuck with this?

> then read the section about .la libraries - this is a linker script
Where should I be reading this? I've been relying on
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook for most of my information. The automake
manual on gnu.org seems to be out-of-date. Where can I find the definitive
doc for automake/autoconf/libtool?

> I wonder if there had been no automake-examples for that webservers
> module stuff. Or didn't you look anyway?
I had looked, but not recently. I'll Google around a little & see if I can
find anything. Anyone else aware of examples of using autotools to configure
& build a Netscape/iPlanet NSAPI module?

Regards,
David