Re: Tom Tromey PING!

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Tom Tromey PING!
Date: 15 Oct 2001 10:25:20 +0200

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Collins <address@hidden> writes:

Robert> Tom, I posted a question about getting the size reduction for
Robert> Makefile's using AM_COND's backported in to a 1.5 stable
Robert> release... so far there has been 1 reply, which amounted to
Robert> "that would be good"...

Robert, what would be wrong with the head branch as is now?  Why would
you want 1.5?  Is it related to the Autoconf requirements?

As far as I'm concerned, I believe there is significant improvement
since the latest release, and in particular the code works much better
for 2.50.

So I'd be in favor of 1.6 being what we have.  Just apply the patches
that have been submitted since.