linking against a freshed libtoolized library

From: Stéphane Genaud
Subject: linking against a freshed libtoolized library
Date: 16 Oct 2001 14:44:42 +0200

Hi,

I would like my Makefile.am to build a library (say libiasp)
with libtool, and then build a binary using functions
from that library, before the library has been installed
into its definitive directory.

However, i don't know if a correct way to proceed is to
link my binary with the libiasp.a or libiasp.so in src/.libs/
I guess that if they are in .libs, it should be for libtool
internal use only.

For the moment i am linking my binary with all object files
composing the library, which is a bit cumbersome.

So in other words, in the Makfile.am

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libiasp.la
libiasp_la_SOURCES = <C files>

noinst_PROGRAMS = remodl