Re: Installing only updated headers

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Installing only updated headers
Date: 25 Oct 2001 12:52:27 +0200

>>> "Alex" == Alex Hornby <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Alex> case $target in
 Alex> *linux*)
 Alex> INSTALL="/usr/bin/install -C"
 Alex> ;;
 Alex> esac

 Alex> Obviously a proper feature test would be better, but it works for me :)

Indeed:

% uname
Linux
% install -C
install: invalid option -- C
Try `install --help' for more information.
% install --version | head -1
install (fileutils) 4.1

 Alex> Perhaps $target should be something like $build_host if I was going to
 Alex> cross compile.

Yes, you want $build.

BTW $target is the platform your program should output code for,
not the platform your program should run on (this is $host).
Actually, many packages mistakenly use $target instead of $host.
(I beleive this is because the Autoconf manual shows only a
'case $target' example.)
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz