Re: Aclocal and Co

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: Aclocal and Co
Date: 14 Nov 2001 12:03:05 +0100

Am Mit, 2001-11-14 um 11.27 schrieb François Chenais:
> Hello,
>
>       I can't use autogen.sh script from many cvs projects repositories
>       but I d'ont know why :-|
>
>       Every autogen.sh I run failed !:-|
>
>       I'm using
>
>       autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.52
>       automake (GNU automake) 1.5
>       gettext (GNU gettext) 0.10.38
>
>       I usually messages like :
>
> Running aclocal  -I macros ...
> aclocal: configure.in: 2: macro `AM_CONFIG_HEADER' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 3: macro `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 4: macro `AM_MAINTAINER_MODE' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 5: macro `AM_CONDITIONAL' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 6: macro `AM_PROG_XML_I18N_TOOLS' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 22: macro `AM_CONDITIONAL' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 22: macro `AM_CONDITIONAL' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 159: macro `AM_PATH_GDK_PIXBUF' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 170: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 188: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in
> library
> aclocal: configure.in: 188: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in
> library
> aclocal: configure.in: 188: macro `AM_LC_MESSAGES' not found in library
>

>       Any idea ?
Probably your installation is broken.

Apparently your aclocal is not able to find automake, gettext and
Gtk/Gdk macros, probably because you have installed these tools to
different installation prefixes or because you have conflicting versions
installed to different prefixes simultaneously.

(You might want to check if you have different versions installed to
/usr/local and /usr)

The easiest work-around to this issue is to install these tools to the
same prefix.

Ralf

P.S.:Please refrain from sending gpg/pgp-signed messages to
mailing-lists next time, Thanks.