Re: Best way to apply new suffix rules recursively.

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Best way to apply new suffix rules recursively.
Date: 30 Dec 2001 18:38:42 -0700

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Cowan <address@hidden> writes:

Chris> If possible, I would like to edit the suffix rules in one
Chris> place.  I realize that I can use include processing.  I'm just
Chris> wondering if there is a way I can add the rules to the toplevel
Chris> Makefile.am or configure.in and have it recursively inserted in
Chris> all of the subdir's Makefiles as they are generated, without
Chris> making changes to each subdir's copy of Makefile.am.

Sorry, the only way to do this is to add an `include' to each
Makefile.am.

Tom