Re: Extending automake syntax

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Extending automake syntax
Date: 01 Jan 2002 15:19:34 -0700

>> You can't accomplish what you want without hacking automake itself.
>> It seems like something specific to your project.  Is that the case?

Erik> Yup.  Well, sorta.  "SpeciaLib" is a library and a set of tools
Erik> for creating specializable libraries.

Is SpeciaLib GNU software?
One of automake's goals is to interoperate well with GNU software.

Erik> Any chance automake will move towards being more externally
Erik> customizable?

It depends on demand, design, and patches.  Usually I try to work on
addressing the problems reported by the most people (as subjectively
interpreted by me :-).

Tom