Re: automake datadir files location and versioning

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: automake datadir files location and versioning
Date: 22 Jan 2002 19:11:20 +0100

Am Die, 2002-01-22 um 18.34 schrieb Tom Tromey:

> Ralf> automake -a -f -c
> Ralf> [Don't use symlinks at all]
>
> Maybe, going forward, we should just always copy these files?
Hmm, why not?

> I.e., never symlink?  Thoughts?
Let me rephrase your question: What was the reason to consider using
symlinks at all? I hardly see any.

While we're at it, I think, time is ripe to consider moving config.sub
and config.guess to autoconf and let autoconf add them.

(With autoconf-2.5x there exist situations, where autoconf wants to
apply config.guess and/or config.sub, even if not using automake.)