automake warning using lib_LTLIBRARIES

From: Roger Leigh
Subject: automake warning using lib_LTLIBRARIES
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:47:13 +0000

I'm getting this warning from automake:

address@hidden:~/gimp-print/newbuild$ automake
automake: both `configure.ac' and `configure.in' present: ignoring
`configure.in'
automake: src/main/Makefile.am: `libgimpprint.la' is already going to be
installed in `lib'

I'm sure this is not my fault.  I do not explicitly redefine libdir, and
my Makefile.am looks sane.  I'm using automake 1.5, and libtool 1.4.2a
on Debian GNU/Linux.  Is this a libtool issue?

The Makefile.am follows.  Sorry it's not shortened, but I don't want to
cut out the cause of the problem.  The '##Programs' section is the
relevent one.

BTW, just a suggestion.  AM_CONDITIONAL only accepts one line for the if
or else part.  Would it be feasable to use multiple lines?  automake
could transform multiple lines into several if statements, or there may
be a cleaner way.  I sometimes wish make conditionals could also be used
as well as automake conditionals.

Regards,
Roger

## $Id: Makefile.am,v 1.31 2001/12/21 01:52:19 rlk Exp $
## Copyright (C) 2000 Roger Leigh
##
## This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
## it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
## the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
## any later version.
##
## This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
## but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
## MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
## GNU General Public License for more details.
##
## You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
## along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
## Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

## Process this file with automake to produce Makefile.in.

AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = 1.4 gnu

@SET_MAKE@

MAINT_CHARSET = latin1

## Variables

AM_CFLAGS = $(GNUCFLAGS)
INCLUDES = @INCLUDES@

m4datadir = $(datadir)/aclocal
pkgconfigdatadir = $(prefix)/lib/pkgconfig

## Programs

if BUILD_LIBGIMPPRINT
lib_LTLIBRARIES = libgimpprint.la
endif
if BUILD_LIBGIMPPRINT
bin_SCRIPTS = gimpprint-config
endif

EXTRA_SCRIPTS = gimpprint-config
EXTRA_LTLIBRARIES = libgimpprint.la

libgimpprint_la_SOURCES = \
        gimp-print-internal.h \
        print-lexmark.c \
        print-canon.c \
        print-dither.c \
        print-escp2.c \
        print-escp2.h \
        print-escp2-data.c \
        print-pcl.c \
        print-ps.c \
        print-util.c \
        print-color.c \
        print-weave.c \
        print-version.c \
        print-dither-matrices.c \
        print-dither.h \
        quickmatrix257.h \
        ran.367.179.h \
        ran.509.131.h
libgimpprint_la_LIBADD = $(GIMPPRINT_DEPLIBS)
# Uncommment to build an unversioned library (version in soname)
libgimpprint_la_LDFLAGS = -release $(GIMPPRINT_VERSION) -rpath $(libdir)
# Uncomment to build a versioned library
#libgimpprint_la_LDFLAGS = \
# -version-info $(LT_CURRENT):$(LT_REVISION):$(LT_AGE) \
# -rpath $(libdir)

## Data

if BUILD_LIBGIMPPRINT
m4data_DATA = gimpprint.m4
endif
if BUILD_LIBGIMPPRINT
pkgconfigdata_DATA = gimpprint.pc
endif

## Rules

print-util.lo: print-printers.c $(srcdir)/print-util.c

print-printers.c: ../printdef/printdef $(srcdir)/printers.xml
        ../printdef/printdef < $(srcdir)/printers.xml > print-printers.c

printdefl.o: printdefy.o

../printdef/printdef: $(addprefix ../printdef/, printdefl.l printdefy.y
printdef.h)
        cd ../printdef ; \
        $(MAKE)

## Clean

CLEANFILES = print-printers.c
DISTCLEANFILES = gimpprint-config gimpprint-config.in gimpprint.pc
gimpprint.pc.in gimpprint.m4
MAINTAINERCLEANFILES = Makefile.in

EXTRA_DIST = gimpprint.m4.top gimpprint.m4.bot printers.xml

--
Roger Leigh
                ** Registration Number: 151826, http://counter.li.org **