[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
27 Jan 2002 19:01:42 -0700
We've released Automake 1.5d. I've appended the NEWS entry.
Our current plan is to fix bugs in this and then release it as 1.6.
This should happen in the relatively near future.
Find it at the usual place:
I think it will show up on the mirrors in a day or two. The mirrors
tend to be more easily accessed.
New in 1.5d:
* Autoconf 2.52 is required.
* `dist' generates all the archive flavors, as did `dist-all'.
* `dist-gzip' generates the Gzip tar file only.
* Combining Automake Makefile conditionals no longer lead to a combinatorial
explosion. Makefile.in's keep a reasonable size.
* AM_FUNC_ERROR_AT_LINE, AM_FUNC_STRTOD, AM_FUNC_OBSTACK, AM_PTRDIFF_T
are no longer shipped, since Autoconf 2.52 provides them (both as AM_
* `#line' of Lex and Yacc files are properly set.
* EXTRA_DIST can contain generated directories.
* Support for dot-less extensions in suffix rules.
* The part of the distcheck target that checks whether distclean actually
cleans all built files has been moved in a separate target, distcleancheck,
so it can be overridden easily.
* `make distcheck' will pass additional options defined in
$(DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS) to configure.
* Fixed CDPATH portability problems, in particular for MacOS X.
* Fixed handling of nobase_ targets.
* Fixed support of implicit rules leading to .lo objects.
* Fixed late inclusion of --add-missing files (e.g. depcomp) in DIST_COMMON
* Added uninstall-hook target
* `AC_INIT AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(package,version)' is an obsolete construct.
You can now use `AC_INIT(package,version) AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' instead.
It is also possible to pass a list of global Automake options as
first argument to this new form of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.
* Compiler-based assembler is now called `CCAS'; people expected `AS'
to be a real assembler.
* AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE will set STRIP itself when it needs it. Adding
AC_CHECK_TOOL([STRIP], [strip]) manually is no longer required.
* aclocal and automake are also installed with the version number
appended, and some of the install directory names have changed.
This lets you have multiple versions installed simultaneously.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- Automake 1.5d,
Tom Tromey <=