How to trigger actions after recursing in directories...

From: Daniel Shane
Subject: How to trigger actions after recursing in directories...
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:48:41 -0500

Hi,

I have a recursive automake installation and I would like to have make go
into each subdirectory and execute some code before and after the recursion.
Is this possible with automake? Looking in the main Makefile, I see :

all: $(BUILT_SOURCES)
        make ... all-recursive

Is there another variable that is like BUILT_SOURCE but that could get
executed after the recursion?

(I know that I could create a kind of result subdirectory and place that at
the end of my SUBDIRS variable... is there a cleaner way?).

Thanks!
Daniel Shane