Re: Newbie: Shared library with subdirs & convenience libs

From: F J Franklin
Subject: Re: Newbie: Shared library with subdirs & convenience libs
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:21:48 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, [iso-8859-7] ÁëÝîáíäñïò Êáñõðßäçò (Alexandros Karypidis)
wrote:

> I am trying to understand how convenience libriaries work.  Using the dir
> structure "project/src/libX", where X is 1 & 2, I want to create 2
> convenience libraries in project/src/lib1 & project/src/lib2, then merge them
> into a shared library in project/src.  So I wrote the following 3 Makefile.am:
>
> in project/src/lib1:
> noinst_LTLIBRARIES = libgoodbye1.la
> libgoodbye1_la_SOURCES = goodbye1.c
>
> in project/src/lib2:
> noinst_LTLIBRARIES = libgoodbye2.la
> libgoodbye2_la_SOURCES = goodbye2.c
>
> in project/src:
> SUBDIRS = lib1 lib2 .
> lib_LTLIBRARIES = libgather.la
> libgather_la_LDADD = lib1/libgoodbye1.la lib2/libgoodbye2.ls
>
> The problem is that automake now complains with:
>
> "src/Makefile.am:4: use `libgather_la_LIBADD', not `libgather_la_LDADD'"

So why not:

libgather_la_LIBADD = lib1/libgoodbye1.la lib2/libgoodbye2.la

Frank

Francis James Franklin
address@hidden

It's getting them wrong that is living, getting them wrong and wrong and
wrong and then, on careful reconsideration, getting them wrong again.
That's how we know we're alive: we're wrong.
                                                         --- Philip Roth