Re: Newbie: Shared library with subdirs & convenience libs

From: Αλέξανδρος Καρυπίδης (Alexandros Karypidis)
Subject: Re: Newbie: Shared library with subdirs & convenience libs
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:26:32 +0200

> >> From the autobook:
> >> `_LIBADD': Like `_LDADD', but used for static libraries and not
> >> programs.
>
> At first I thought this was a bug in the book.
> Then it looked like a bug, and then like an undocumented change.
>
> But now I think maybe the docs (both book and automake.texi) have
> simply been wrong since the beginning.
>
> Akim, do you remember anything in this area?
>
> Tom

The exact point where I read this is section 7.4 (Programs and libraries),
rith at the end of the section.  It may be that I misunderstood something so
you might want to take a look.

Also, I am using version 1.3 of the autobook (hopefully it's not very
outdated). The footer of the pages mentions "This document was generated by
Gary V. Vaughan on May, 24 2001 using texi2html".