Re: proposed change for depout.m4

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: proposed change for depout.m4
Date: 17 Feb 2002 19:04:17 +0100

Am Son, 2002-02-17 um 18.19 schrieb Jim Meyering:
> Does anyone know of a system for which `head -n1' doesn't work
> the same as the traditional `head -1'?

>From SunOS4's manpage (dated ~1990):

[..]
NAME
       head - display first few lines of specified files

SYNOPSIS
       head [ -n ] [ filename...]

DESCRIPTION
       head  copies  the  first  n lines of each filename to the
standard output.  If no
       filename is given, head copies lines from the standard input.
The default  value
       of n is 10 lines.
[..]

I read this as "SunOS4 doesn't support 'head -n1', however I don't have
access to such kind of system anymore and therefore can't verify.