More Conditional Confusion

From: Fausto Sanchez
Subject: More Conditional Confusion
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 19:57:40 -0800

Hi,

After reading several posts about this issue, I'm still stuck trying to do the following
conditional in my Makefile.am

if HWPLATFORM_LC1
klm_sprom_o_SOURCES = sprom.c
endif

if HWPLATFORM_LC1_PC
klm_sprom_o_SOURCES = sprom.c sprom_sim.c
endif

Configure gives me the following error:

automake: configure.in: installing `config/ylwrap'
automake: isan/platform/linecard/kspace/drv/sprom/Makefile.am: warning: automake does not support klm_sprom_o_SOURCES being defined conditionally automake: isan/platform/linecard/kspace/drv/sprom/Makefile.am: warning: automake does not support klm_sprom_o_SOURCES being defined conditionally

In older posts it is claimed that the following should fix the problem:

if HWPLATFORM_LC1
klm_sprom_o_SOURCES = sprom.c
else
if HWPLATFORM_LC1_PC <----------- line 33 in the Makefile.am
klm_sprom_o_SOURCES = sprom.c sprom_sim.c
endif
endif

but with this I get the following error from configure:

creating target conf.gdb.lc1-pc
Generating makefile list for target "LC1_PC"...
---
isan/platform/linecard/kspace/drv/sprom/Makefile.am: if without endif on line 33

I am using automake 1.5 and autoconf  252g. How do other folks handle this?

thanks in advance,
fausto..