How to use the same source files in different output objects?

From: Carlo Wood
Subject: How to use the same source files in different output objects?
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 19:04:38 +0100

Hiya,

I tried for several days to find the answer myself,
but it seems just not possible with automake :(.
You are my last resort.

What I need is to use the same sources, but with
different CXXFLAGS, for different output targets.
In particular, I want to generate a library called
foo.so that was compiled without _REENTRANT defined
and one called foo_r.so that was compiled from
the exact same sources but using -D_REENTRANT.
I don't want to duplicate all sources in the resulting
tar ball of a 'make dist' of course.

Can someone please tell me how to do that with
automake?

--
Carlo Wood <address@hidden>