Large project support

From: Timo K Suoranta
Subject: Large project support
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:02:03 +0300 (EET DST)

I am about to add libtool and automake support to my project which has
sources in several subdirectories. My problem is that my current
Makefile.in uses wildcards to find out source files - something which I
can not use with automake, it seems.

So I am now looking for work-around for this. I am not good writing shell
scripts so I am asking if someone has already done the following: a shell
script which updates Makefile.am by searching for source files in the
current directory.

Other alternatives are also welcome. I will not accept 'update Makefile.am
files manually', though.

Is there a text somewhere which explains why there is no support for
wildcards in automake?

-- Timo Suoranta -- address@hidden --