Re: automake reports .lo file created with and without libtool

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: automake reports .lo file created with and without libtool
Date: 10 Apr 2002 11:23:05 -0600

>>>>> "adl" == Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden> writes:

Skip> lib_LIBRARIES = libalf.a
Skip> libalf_a_SOURCES = alf.c alf.h common.h
Skip> lib_LTLIBRARIES = libalf.la
Skip> libalf_la_SOURCES = alf.c alf.h common.h

In this particular case can't you just rely on libtool to create the
static library for you?

adl> This was changed for PR/211. I'm not sure I understand it; I
adl> guess there are some configurations where libtool has to create
adl> alf.o before renaming it to alf.lo, and this might overwrite
adl> an existing alf.o built for libalf.a.

Honestly I don't remember.  It's possible it is just a bug; we'd have
to investigate.

Tom