Re: maintainer mode

From: Andy M. Helten
Subject: Re: maintainer mode
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:22:54 -0400

This is also the situation that occurs when checking out an older version of my software (using a CVS tag for example) to make a distribution.  If timestamps are not just right automake/autoconf are required.  And in general, the people that receive this software are not the least bit interested in modifying automake/autoconf files nor do they have the autotools installed (they are not using linux or cygwin).

Without great care in aligning timestamps after each 'cvs commit' of configure.ac and configure, for example, the next 'cvs checkout' will produce a distribution that requires autotools.  Is there are way to handle this other than AM_MAINTAINER_MODE?