newbie help

From: Marcel Janssen
Subject: newbie help
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 21:33:36 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to learn autoconf/automake and while doing so I've had a look
through some packages that use these tools. Rather than using
autoconf/automake on my own source, I've first tried to strip all generated
files from the existing package and try to generate new makefiles.

The original package had Makefiles created with automake 1.4. I'm trying to
create makefiles based on the same Makefile.am that came with the package and
I assumed it should be possible to create new makefiles from those.
My problem :
Automake creates the Makefile, but there are no binaries build from my
Makefile.

As I'm still in the phase of learning to use automake and don't know what
specific item to look for.

Any help is very much appreciated.

regards,
Marcel Janssen