automake > 1.4 does not work

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: automake > 1.4 does not work
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:04:58 +0200 (CEST)

Unfortunately I'm not a autoconf/automake guru.
But I think I can state: automake > 1.4 does not work.

I can't say exactly what's wrong. But please try to
use automake 1.6 togehther with the KDE3 default
admin files. And you'll see: It is impossible.

You get a lot of errors. And if you bring it to works
with some tricks it does a lot of errors  during
installation. (some pixmaps and other files
are not installed.)

First I upgraded from automake 1.5 (which comes
with SuSE-Linux 8.0) to automake 1.6.

This was terrible. After that I downgraded
ti automake 1.4 --> all works

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)