How to handle a non-compilable file.

From: Dr. David Kirkby
Subject: How to handle a non-compilable file.
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 11:19:34 +0100

Hi,
        I've got an application, which has a line like this is the C++ code
#include "coax.xpm"

where coax.xpm is an XPM format graphics file. If this is changed, the code
should be recompiled, since it will alter the image displayed. However, if I put
it as a file along with my sources in

atlc_SOURCES atlc.cpp coax.xpm

the compiler will reject it, since it does not know the extension.

I could of course rename the file to a .cpp file, but that does rather confuse
people, when it is a standard graphics file, which should have the extension
.xpm.

Suggestions ?

--
Dr. David Kirkby PhD,