Re: Feature request: meta files & wildcards (once again)

From: Alex Hornby
Subject: Re: Feature request: meta files & wildcards (once again)
Date: 29 Apr 2002 14:51:02 +0100

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 12:44, address@hidden
wrote:
> alex> Could you check if the automake 1.6.x docs make the same reference to
> alex> "GNU make" instead of just make when talking about suffix rules?
>
> No, they don't.

Great, so no doco patch needed :)

> So this is enough if you have a special file type from which source files
> should
> be generated. But the moc problem isn't solved (correct me if i am wrong).

Bearing in mind that I don't use moc, this is conjecture, but here are a
couple of ideas....

1) Create a suffix rule to run moc on every header regardless. If moc is
not significantly more expensive than grep (and doesn't give errors on
normal headers) this might be ok.

OR

2) Use a different extension for files that need moc'ing. Not likely to
be backwards compatible by the sounds of it.

Perhaps others on this list with more KDE/Qt experience than myself
might have ideas?

Alex.