Re: Automake spam since last night

From: Roger Leigh
Subject: Re: Automake spam since last night
Date: 04 May 2002 18:33:54 +0100

Bruce Korb <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm usually pretty tolerant because I have decent filters
> and a DSL pipe, but this is extreme and needs to be stopped:

[...]

It's not just the automake list; I'm seeing this on bug-gnu-utils too.

I'm not convinced that having the lists completely open is a good idea
with the amount of spam nowadays.  Only allowing subscribers to post
(like on SourceForge) would stop virtually all spam, and anyone who
wants to post justs needs to subscribe (like everyone who wants to
recieve the list).  IIRC all posts from non-subscribers are held and
can be either rejected or accepted by the list admin.

--
Roger Leigh
                ** Registration Number: 151826, http://counter.li.org **